Public Art 4Culture is pleased to announce an administrative internship for the Summer/Fall of 2013. The intern will contribute to all aspects of administration for our nationally renowned program, with additional work assisting on specific projects as needed.
Our interns gain valuable experience helping to maintain the overall operations of our busy Seattle office.
Hours are flexible and will be from 8 – 16 per week, depending on the intern’s schedule. This is an unpaid internship, but academic credit may be arranged for students when possible.
Duties and opportunities include:
- managing our Public Art Opportunities listings – a nationally utilized resource, and the
- most visited part of our website
- working with our online image library
- assisting with front desk reception duties
- assisting with the preparation of materials for artist selection panels
- maintaining the community resource print materials in our lobby
- assisting with specific projects as needed
- attending advisory committee meetings
- attending public art related events
Required qualifications: interest in public art; experience with using basic programs on a PC (Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF, Preview, Powerpoint); clear written and verbal communications; ability to prioritize and respond to a changing workflow; willingness to interact with the public; and an interest in learning on the job.
To apply send a cover letter and resume toby Friday, May 24 at 5pm.