WORK WITH KRISTEN RAMIREZ & ACTIVATE THE BURKE-GILMAN TRAIL’S WAYNE TUNNEL
4Culture, working in partnership with King County Parks, has commissioned Seattle-based artist, Kristen Ramirez to make the experience of navigating the Wayne Tunnel on the Burke-Gilman Trail (under 96th Avenue NE) in Bothell more enjoyable and safer for the over 2 million people that travel through it each year. She has designed and will be painting a colorful, site responsive mural that activates the 250 ft. long concrete passageway. You can help!
Volunteers 18 years of age and older are needed to make the project a success. Over the course of two weeks in July, with your help, Ramirez will transform the tunnel into a work of art. *Volunteers must register in order to participate.
PAINTING AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Paint the mural with guidance from the artist, move drop-cloths, fill buckets with water, wash brushes and rollers, etc. Volunteers should have some painting experience and be comfortable wielding a brush and/or roller. This work will be physically demanding. 6-8 volunteers per shift; multi-day commitments are desired, but not necessary.
|• Monday, July 7: 10am-2pm FULL
• Tuesday, July 8: 10am-2pm FULL
• Wednesday, July 9: 10am-12pm FULL
• Thursday, July 10: 10am-2pm FULL
• Friday, July 11: 10am-2pm
• Saturday, July 12: 10am-2pm
|• Sunday, July 13: 10am-2pm
• Monday, July 14: 10am-2pm
• Tuesday, July 15: 10am-2pm
• Wednesday, July 16: 10am-12pm
• Thursday, July 17: 10am-2pm
• Friday, July 18: 10am-2pm
SIGNAGE, TRAFFIC CONTROL, AND TRAIL MAINTENANCE
Interface with trail users, stage signage, guide traffic safely around the work site, and, as needed, weed and clean up the landscaping surrounding the tunnel with guidance from King County Parks staff. 8 volunteers per day.
|• Monday, July 7: 10am-3pm FULL
• Tuesday, July 8: 10am-3pm FULL
• Wednesday, July 9: 10am-3pm FULL
• Thursday, July 10: 10am-3pm FULL
• Friday, July 11: 10am-3pm
• Saturday, July 12: 10am-3pm
|• Sunday, July 13: 10am-3pm
• Monday, July 14: 10am-3pm
• Tuesday, July 15: 10am-3pm
• Wednesday, July 16: 10am-3pm
• Thursday, July 17: 10am-3pm
• Friday, July 18: 10am-3pm
*Tools and gloves will be provided. Snacks and refreshments will be served. Additional details provided upon registration.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? HAVE QUESTIONS?
Contact Lezlie Cox by email: or by telephone: 206.849.4406.