As summer comes to a close, we’re taking a moment to look at and share what our Arts, Heritage and Preservation departments have funded during the first half of 2015. 4Culture staff are proud to administer grant programs that support the critical role culture plays in defining our region.
Here’s the breakdown:
- We kicked off the year in January awarding $2,200,000 through the Arts, Heritage and Preservation Sustained Support program, supporting 355 cultural groups, organizations and cities for both 2015 and 2016.
- $1,011,500 was awarded for King County cultural projects; $85,000 for 12 Preservation Special Projects, $220,000 for 31 Heritage Projects, and $706,500 for 69 individual and 57 group Art Projects.
- $44,085 in funding went to 5 organizations addressing Emergencies or Unforeseen Opportunities that arise and can’t wait for annual deadlines.
- $310,000 towards funding 59 requests for Cultural Facilities Equipment.
- $270,000 towards funding 16 Landmarks Capital projects.
- $50,000 for community based project support including $19,050 for 15 Open 4Culture projects.
The year isn’t over yet! The September 9 deadline is right around the corner for Building for Culture, our biggest cultural facility grant yet, as well as Tech-Specific, the recent incarnation of the Site Specific program. Applications for that program are due October 15.