Heritage Preservation has announced the public launch of the Connecting to Collections Online Community at www.connectingtocollections.org. The Community’s goal is to help smaller museums, libraries, archives, and historical societies locate reliable preservation resources, and to engage with each other and top professionals in the field. Heritage Preservation moderates the Connecting to Collections Online Community in cooperation with the American Association for State and Local History and with funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The features of the site include:
• a Meeting Room which regularly hosts free Webinars with leading conservation professionals;
• a Featured Resource that highlights new or particularly helpful information resources–the feature changes approximately every two weeks;
• a Discussion Forum where online community members can post questions and assist one another;
• a Calendar with announcements of upcoming C2C Online Community events, online preservation training opportunities, and grant deadlines; and
• an Archive of past C2C Online Community discussions and presentation sorted by topic.
The community is based on the initiative begun by the Institute of Museum and Library Service called Connecting to Collections (C2C). Informed by the findings of the Heritage Health Index, the initiative has included grant programs, national forums, workshops, a bookshelf distribution, and webinars.
The Online Community has a page on Facebook. Join the conversation there to be reminded of upcoming events and other related news.
Register here for the C2C online community.