- Free! Media art, accessible to everyone, every day.
- Fast! Videos are short, between 1-5 minutes.
- Fabulous! A curated collection of electronic artworks, selected by local artists.
- Great exposure. e4c is visible by foot, bike, car or bus to more than 20,000 people each day.
- Lots of play. Selected works are played for a full year, about 10 times daily.
- On-line promotion. Selected artist are featured on 4Culture’s website.
4Culture seeks media artworks for e4c, a storefront gallery for electronic art. Visible by foot, bike, car or bus to more than 20,000 people each day, e4c exhibits selected artworks from regional and national artists, on rotation, from 7 am – 10 am, daily.
Up to sixteen media works or media proposals will be selected for presentation through this public, gallery for a period of up to one year. Due to the transitory nature of the audience, works between 1-5 minutes are desired. Media artists, residing in the U.S., working in all genres are encouraged to apply.
e4c is located adjacent to Gallery4Culture facing Prefontaine Place South in Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood. e4c consists of four, LCD monitors and two speakers mounted to face the exterior of the building, broadcasting sights and sounds to passers-by.
Selected artists will work with the e4c program manager to adapt selected work for optimal presentation. e4c utilizes software with a timeline interface, which is distributed through a network to the display monitors and speakers. The selected artists will also work with the e4c program manager to create promotional materials. Each selected artist will receive a modest honorarium to help defray expenses. The artists retain all rights of the works submitted.
The application deadline is Wednesday, June 20, 2012. Guidelines and applications, which include information about eligibility and review criteria, are available online at http://www.4culture.org/e4c/apply.htm