Position Opening: Visitor Services Lead
The Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience is hiring a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work in Visitor Services. Qualified candidate should have excellent communication, customer service and sales skills and an interest in the rich history, culture and art of the Asian Pacific American communities in the Pacific Northwest and Seattle’s Chinatown-International District. Prior museum experience not required, but candidate must have experience providing exceptional customer service.
The schedule for this position is 24 – 29 hours per week, Tuesday – Thursday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., with occasional evening and weekend hours and requires a minimum 6 month commitment. Position pays $12 an hour and includes paid vacation, sick and holiday benefits.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources, The Wing, 719 S. King St., Seattle, WA 98104 or send via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. For email submissions, please put “Visitor Services Lead” in the subject line. Position available immediately and open until filled. EOE.
Visitor Services Leads create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere by orienting visitors, processing admission, informing guests about memberships and tour opportunities, answering questions and ensuring public and art/artifacts security. This position has the first contact with our visitors, donors, volunteers and is integral to creating a positive impression of the museum.
• Strong sales and exceptional customer services skills
• Must be dependable, responsible and willing to ensure visitors and guests enjoy a unique museum experience worthy of a return visit
• Passion for and desire to learn about the rich history, art and culture of the Asian Pacific American and Chinatown-International District communities
• Strong speaking skills
• Friendly, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working with a diverse group of staff and visitors
• Welcome and interact with museum visitors, providing orientation to the facility
• Enthusiastically provide visitors information on all museum programs, particularly membership and tours, and other services
• Handle phone communications with visitors and staff
• Administer electronic ticketing and scheduling systems. Assist with data collection and reports related to visitors. Handle cash related to museum admissions
• Assist Facilities Operations Director with group events and facility use, including scheduling, set-up/breakdown, events staffing, etc. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Other duties as assigned
Visitor Services Lead reports to the Visitor Services Manager.