Location: 4Culture, 101 Prefontaine Pl S, Seattle, WA 98104
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $28.14—$35.67 hourly (includes a competitive package of benefits, including participation in the Washington State Retirement System)
Reports to: Executive Director
Prepared/Revised Date: November 8, 2021
As the cultural funding and services agency for King County, Washington, 4Culture works to make the region vibrant. The organization’s four program areas—Arts, Heritage, Historic Preservation, and Public Art—put public resources to use all over King County. The Board, Executive Director, staff, and Advisory Committees are committed to addressing racial, geographic, and income-related funding inequities and creating an environment in which all King County residents participate actively in cultural opportunities.
4Culture funds and supports individual artists, artist groups, and arts organizations that provide access to art experiences for all King County residents and visitors.
4Culture helps communities recognize, preserve, and explore our shared heritage—in all the places where the past meets the present.
4Culture supports the protection and stewardship of historic places.
4Culture commissions and collects for the King County Public Art Collection, bringing artists’ thinking to the spaces we share and offering consulting to the region.
ABOUT THE POSITION
4Culture is hiring an experienced Executive Assistant to facilitate the administrative functions of a regional cultural services agency with programs in arts, heritage, preservation, and public art. This position serves as direct support staff to 4Culture’s Executive Director, and assists in work supporting the agency and 15-member Board of Directors. This position will also assist with agency-wide special projects as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties at a high level in support of the agency’s Executive Director.
- Organize and maintain accurate and complete administrative files for the Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director with schedule coordination on a daily/weekly basis, and serve as the central point of information for all inquiries to the Executive Director.
- Handle confidential and time sensitive material.
- Assist with coordination of agency-wide system of record-keeping. Serve as Agency Records Officer.
- Serve as support staff for Executive Director and 4Culture board, attending and taking minutes at all board and board committee meetings, and coordinating meeting preparation including meeting minutes, agendas and handout materials.
- Assist Executive Director and agency staff as needed on agency-wide initiatives or program related activities and projects.
- Assist with special event planning, staff retreat planning, strategic planning.
- Respond to requests for information from the general public.
- Contribute to the overall health and welfare of 4Culture by participating on internal sub-committees that address overarching issues affecting the operations of the agency and working collaboratively to create publications, presentations, and other 4Culture outreach and advocacy materials.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may occasionally oversee interns/volunteers.
Education and/or Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience as an Executive Assistant (or equivalent combination of education and experience) are the minimum requirements for this position. The most successful applicants will also have experience working with non-profit boards and/or government agencies.
Key Competencies and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities, and experience:
- Data and information management in a web environment.
- Administration of cultural programs working with governmental advisory commissions, non-profit boards, and/or funding organizations.
- Participation in project teams in a work environment.
- A deep appreciation for, understanding of, and commitment to advancing racial equity and social justice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to climb ladders, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, crawl, or lift up to 20-pound boxes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands on a keyboard, reach, talk, and hear.
Work location is 4Culture offices at 101 Prefontaine Place S, Seattle, with field work throughout King County, Washington.
Position works a 37.5 hour work week, Monday-Friday. Occasional early morning, evening and/or weekend hours are required.
Submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Brian J. Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 26, 2021, 5:00 pm PDT (not a postmark deadline—all submissions must be submitted via email).
The privacy of applicants will be respected and preserved until the last phase of the hiring process. For example, references will be checked during the process of interviewing the finalists and with the applicant’s knowledge.
NO DISCRIMINATION IN HIRING
4Culture is committed to upholding and promoting equal opportunity in employment. We recognize that diverse perspectives, ideas, cultures, and life experiences of all employees are critical to our success. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that reflects our residents, meets the needs of the communities we serve, and leverages the power of our employee's individual uniqueness. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to creed, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical handicap, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability unless such limitations are necessary for the performance of the role and no less discriminatory alternatives are available.
This information is available in alternative format for persons with disabilities. TTY Relay: 711
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. 4Culture believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.