2 fully-funded residencies available for artists, curators and art writers
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg invites applicants for its 2020/2021 residency program. The residencies are designed for visual artists, curators and writers whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress in their practice. The SEA Foundation’s individual shaped residency program is limited to 8 participants per year. Duration up to 3 months.
We believe that contemporary art practise requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. We seek candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production and who are willing to participate with the rhythm, which propels our artist-led organisation.
Visual art, fiber art, drawing & painting, sculpture, media art, design, curating, art critique, art theory, artistic research, architecture, sound artists, performance artists.
The residency aims
– To support the production of art and the theory of art.
– To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context.
– To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art.
– To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network.
– Professional artists, curators and art writers
– Regardless of gender or region
– Established, mid-career or emerging practice
– Minimum age: 25 at the start of the residency
– Duo’s/collectives may apply as well
– Residents may be accompanied by a partner
– We expect you to master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff.
How to apply
– Applying is done digitally via the online application form.
More Information: www.seafoundation.eu