CityWorks Series | Call for Artists
- Deadline: Ongoing
Coyote is looking for experienced teaching artists for its Cityworks series. The artists will work independently with 6-8 advanced students ages 13-18. They will be responsible for guiding youth through the creative process over the course of several weekends, resulting in a built and polished public installation. Teaching Artists will design a project proposal in advance, leaving room for youth voice and input. The project should speak to the given theme.
Cityworks is a year-round program in which Coyote youth work with a professional artist to create site-specific art commissioned by businesses, institutions, non-profits, municipalities and individuals. It is an opportunity for advanced artists and alumni to continue to hone their talents working with professional tools while develop their identity as artists. Creative corps of youth Cityworks artists are created on a per-project basis. Students are able to opt-in through applications or be recommended by their teachers.
Teaching Artist should have experience with…
– public art
– working with students from a diverse range of backgrounds
– working with middle-school aged youth
– providing activities that scaffold projects
– norm setting and conflict resolution
– supporting varying levels of experience with a medium among participants in a single group
– managing big-picture timetables
More Information: www.surveymonkey.com