Seattle Architecture Foundation
- Budget: $18-$20/hour DOE
SAF serves students through after-school and summer programs at middle schools throughout the
greater Seattle area, providing workshops designed to connect students to the built environment
through hands-on design and modeling projects. Our teachers work on-site at local public and private schools with the assistance of local architects.
• Summer Assignments: We are currently hiring for the start of our summer session
– June through August , hours and days vary depending on the school.
• Summer Assignments: We currently offer multiple courses at multiples sites in Seattle and the
East Side, which are taught in one to six week sessions. Other courses may become available
which range from one to five days a week. Classes can range between 1.5 to 4 hours in length.
• Afterschool Assignments: We currently offer OST courses at five middle schools throughout
the greater Seattle area. Assignments are 1 day a week for approximately 2 hours (generally between 3:30pm-5:30pm) with some hours for training and prep time. Each class lasts approximately 8-12 weeks. Programs run concurrently throughout the school year, so there are
opportunities to work multiple school sites.
• Priority will be given to candidates with availability for both summer and school year assignments.
• 1-2 years of experience working with middle or high school students
• Some study, practice, or demonstrable interest related to architecture, design, urbanism, and/or
• Commitment to working within a racial, gender, and class equity framework
• Willing to submit to background check
• Attend any school orientation sessions and lunch time and evening recruitment events (paid) as
• Lead lessons and activities on-site
More Information: seattlearchitecture.org