Museum of Pop Culture
Digital Collections Archivist (Temporary Full Time)
- Budget: $60,000 salary/year, temporary
As part of a larger team composed of personnel from the Collections, Exhibitions, IT, and Curatorial teams at the Museum of Pop Culture, this position is responsible for the research, metadata writing, and preparation of associated digital files for artifacts within the museum’s Early Hip-Hop Collection. This position works closely with digital repository software solutions including TMS and eMuseum. This position helps ensure the complete digitization and ingestion of the selected 1,300+ artifacts and ephemera from MoPOP’s Early Hip-Hop Collection. An understanding and appreciation for early hip-hop is essential for this work.
This is a temporary full time position beginning July 1, 2020 and forecasted to run through March 2023.
Essential Job Functions (Other Duties As Assigned):
– Work with the Collections team and Curators to ensure ingestion of metadata to the online portal;
– Ensure data standardization across a selection of early the hip-hop collection;
– Research artifacts;
– Ensure complete and accurate metadata for each TMS record including: description, copyright information, title, etc.
– Ensure adequate photographs are associated with each record, appropriate to the level of copyright. For any records that are missing photographs, work alongside the Collections Team to capture appropriate images;
– Digitize 80 oral history filmed recordings;
– Conduct at least two remote donor lectures/discussions about the museum’s early hip-hop collection.
High-level knowledge of 1970s – 1990s hip-hop.
Commitment to working with diverse communities.
Experience working with or supporting a Content Management System
Experience managing digital asset systems/collections.
Familiarity with current trends in digital library initiatives, digital curation, and digital preservation standards.
Strong attention to access, privacy, and security issues.
Understanding and familiarity with technical standards for metadata
More Information: www.paycomonline.net