A Contemporary Theatre
Director of Finance
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Budget: $92,000-$97,000
The Director of Finance is a key member of the senior leadership team. They are charged with effectively managing and communicating all financial matters with the senior leadership team and Board to enhance strategic decision-making and strengthen the organization’s internal capacity and long-term fiscal stability. They supervise all financial matters with the goal of enhancing controls and bringing transparency and consistency throughout the organization. The Director of Finance plays an important role in a broad range of activities related to institutional planning and resource management. They work with the Managing Director to develop the annual budget, makes regular presentations concerning organizational finances to the Board, and is expected to be a thought leader on financial and strategic matters.
The Director of Finance directs policies and procedures related fixed assets, revenue and cash flow management, insurance and risk management, purchasing, employee benefits, and organization-wide cost/benefit analyses. The Director of Finance serves as a leader, partner, and financial advisor in integrating the organization’s objectives with financial resources in order to effectuate those goals. They support HR practices such as benefits administration, record-keeping, and compliance with federal, state, and local law and ordinances.
· Undergraduate degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field
· 7-10 years of broad non-profit financial and operations management experience
· Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills
· Abila (MIP) fund accounting or similar software experience
· Familiarity with Tessitura or similar CRM programs
· Highly proficient with Excel
· Strong understanding of GAAP
· Demonstrated ethics and integrity
· Ability to pass a background check
More Information: acttheatre.org