Pongo Poetry Project
- Budget: Full Time, $75,000 to $85,000 DOE plus benefits. Benefits include health insurance stipend, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, a one-week winter break, and a flexible work schedule.
Pongo seeks candidates with a compelling combination of demonstrated experience and skills.
Pongo Poetry Project (Pongo) was founded 26 years ago to help people who had experienced trauma heal through writing poetry. We are a small, nonprofit arts organization poised for growth and are looking for a passionate, skilled Executive Director to help steer us on that journey. The ED must be thoroughly committed to Pongo’s mission. Candidates will be considered based on the range of their lived and learned experiences, professional background, and direct and transferable skills.
Required Qualifications include:
• At least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effective leadership and growing a nonprofit organization regionally and/or nationally; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth and impact
• Excellence in staff management with the ability to create and maintain a collaborative work environment in which everyone feels valued
• Demonstrated fundraising experience including strategy, a track record of having achieved increased financial support, donor stewardship and retention, and major donor solicitation
• Commitment to anti-racism and experience helping an organization move forward in its anti-racism journey
• Experience working with diverse communities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Experience in providing financial administration including developing and monitoring a budget and providing relevant reports to board and staff
More Information: www.pongoteenwriting.org