Sand Point Arts and Cultural Exchange
Gallery and Exhibitions Coordinator
- Budget: $20/hour, 10-20 hours per week. Contract position.
The Magnuson Park Gallery presents exhibits from guest curators, emerging and established artists, and outside collections and seeks to provide a public and accessible forum for the arts, serving diverse audiences and forging regional collaborations.
The Exhibitions and Gallery Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Gallery. Working with the SPACE Executive Director and Board, the Coordinator works to fulfill the Gallery’s mission through coordinating exhibits, artist talks and events, community-based educational programs and engaging with visitors.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and Artists to put on exhibitions, including establishing timeline, installing/de-installing work, labeling and lighting of artworks and obtaining consignment agreements for incoming artworks.
- Work with guest curators to bring their vision to life within the gallery.
- Provide art interpretation and information to visitors re: current show and artists.
- Assist and work with board members and other volunteers to host artist receptions, talks and other events outside regular hours.
- Provide marketing and event assistance.
- Maintain accurate reporting of attendance and other categories as defined in accordance with Public Benefit requirements.
- Assist with gift entry and thank you notes for SPACE.
- Process sales following established procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant life experience considered.
- Must have experience or be open to learning best practices in art handling and installation.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite, Google+, basic HTML and web design.
- Experience working with the public.
- Experience with Zoom, video conferencing programs and social media.
- A demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice.
More Information: www.spaceatmagnuson.org