Maritime Washington National Heritage Area
- Budget: $10,000-$15,000
The Maritime Washington National Heritage Area is thrilled to announce the inaugural Maritime Washington Grant Program, supporting projects that interpret our state’s maritime heritage. Nonprofits, government entities, Tribes, educational institutions, and other organizations that share Washington’s water-based stories are encouraged to explore this new funding opportunity!
In this grant cycle, we are offering two types of Interpretation Grants: Implementation Grants and Planning Grants. These grants are designed to fund projects that enhance the interpretation of Washington’s maritime heritage, past and present.
• Support the installation, fabrication, or otherwise rendering of interpretive projects, such as exhibits, signage, brochures, webpages, and limited video or podcast series.
• Maximum grant request: $15,000.
• One-to-one matching requirement.
• Provide fully funded technical assistance from a professional planner to develop interpretive plans for exhibits, signage programs, or similar projects.
• Value: up to $15,000.
• No matching requirement, but grantees will be required to dedicate significant staff and/or volunteer time towards the planning process.
- Applicants do not need to be a formal partner of Maritime Washington.
- All applicants must be located within one of the 13 counties within the Maritime Washington National Heritage Area.
- Projects should relate to the goals and interpretive themes of Maritime Washington.
- Projects must directly connect to Washington’s maritime heritage and/or resources located within the bounds of the National Heritage Area.
More Information: maritimewa.org