City of Auburn
Mary Olson Farm Artist in Residence
- Budget: $3,500
The Mary Olson Farm Artist in Residence is a new program offering an annual opportunity for an artist to pursue their work in, and to be inspired by, the unique and beautiful setting of the Mary Olson Farm in Auburn, Washington. The residency lasts approximately two months during the months of June and July.
– Any individual artist or artist team in the Pacific Northwest working in two and three-dimensional media are encouraged to apply, including but not limited to: drawing, painting, photography, textiles, sculpture, installation, woodworking, printmaking, etc.
– Other than individual artists, collaborative projects will also be considered
– PLEASE NOTE: This opportunity does NOT include accommodations, and artists should live a reasonable drive time from the site to be able to participate,
The residency will provide:
– A $3,500 stipend (funds can be used at will towards art supplies, transportation, meals, etc.)
– A large historic barn “studio space,” approximately 450 sq. ft., on an historic 67-acre property (accommodations not provided)
– Opportunities to tour and learn about the property and the other six historic buildings, as well as Auburn’s history as shared by the White River Valley Museum
– An exhibition opportunity, reception and well-publicized artist talk in the City of Auburn
More Information: artist.callforentry.org