Henry Art Gallery
Museum Guide Program Manager
Henry Art Gallery has an outstanding job opportunity for Temporary Part Time Museum Guide Program Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Co-Developing curriculum for and teaching the museum guide pilot program based upon core ideas related to exhibitions, programs, and visitor experience.
• Collaborating with curators to identify key questions and issues related to current and upcoming exhibitions.
• Maintaining active communication with students training in the guide program, offering support during class and scheduled advising hours, and as related to tours.
• Hiring, overseeing, evaluating, and supervising student guides.
• Working closely with Museum Services staff to schedule, organize, and manage guided tours.
• Working closely with Communications staff to organize outreach for program participants, as well as publicize guided tours.
• Staying up-to-date with the museum’s current and upcoming exhibitions and programs.
• Attending regular check-in meetings with supervisor.
• Continually improving and refining design of the program through evaluation of student work, audience response, and other measures.
• Working scheduled hours.
• Regularly attending staff meetings relevant to the museum guide pilot program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Masters’ Degree in Education, Museology, Art, or other relevant discipline and at least one year of museum or arts education teaching experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience can meet this requirement.
• Experience in arts interpretation and pedagogy
• Proven ability to foster a dynamic and lively classroom environment
• Experience working with students with diverse backgrounds
• Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude that support
More Information: www.uw.edu