Washington State Arts Commission
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Budget: $1,000 - $5,000
Designed as an entry point into ArtsWA funding programs, the Snap Grants pilot program prioritizes;
- Applications from groups or organizations new to ArtsWA funding.
- Groups or organizations that have not been funded in the last three ArtsWA funding cycles (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2018).
- Applications that help us reach our organizational goals on social justice as indicated in our strategic plan’s crosscutting objective: “Increase our specific and intentional efforts around social justice by ensuring that ArtsWA-funded activities and work are reflective of Washington’s diverse populations including cultural diversity, artistic disciplines, geographic locations, and underserved populations.”
- Applications that demonstrate strong public benefit and feasability
- Small groups or organizations with an annual operating budget up to or less than $25,000.
- Small groups or organizations producing projects or events that have arts and culture as a primary or significant component, that are open to the public, and provide public benefit as defined in the guidelines.
- A minimum one-year history of arts and/or relevant programming that demonstrates the capacity to produce the proposed project or event.
- 501(c)3 status or fiscal sponsorship is NOT required but, should you receive a grant, applicants must provide the authorizing official’s Social Security number or the organization’s federal tax identification number (FEIN) issued by the Internal Revenue Service for contracting purposes for contracting purposes.
- Snap Grants require a pre-application to make sure your project is a good fit for this focused pilot program. During the launch of this program, the pre-application period will begin several months before the official open of the Snap Grant review and award cycle.
- Applicants may receive one Snap Grant per fiscal year.
- Applicants may not additionally apply to any other Grants to Organizations program category during the same grant cycle fiscal year.
- Refer to the complete guidelines for additional parameters.