Vashon Center for the Arts
- Budget: $80,000 - $100,000
The Executive Director (ED) for Vashon Center for the Arts (VCA) is responsible for overseeing all operations, functions and activities, ensuring that VCA is operating efficiently and effectively. The ED is the face of the organization, working closely with the Board of Directors, staff, and community to foster VCA’s strategic direction and the implementation of a high-quality vision.
The ED ensures that staff members are aligned with the organization’s mission and vision and that they are working together to successfully achieve strategic objectives. VCA has a close-knit culture that places a high priority on communication, recognition and collaboration. The ED is aligned to our culture and will continue to enhance it though positive leadership, with the ability to lead and motivate. The ED acts as a spokesperson for VCA and participates in local networks to keep VCA connected to the Vashon community and regional arts communities.
• Develop and implement strategic plans that meet organizational goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors
• Create complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors
• Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers
• Ensure adherence of the organization’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines
• Direct & oversee the annual operating budget
• Proven experience as executive director or in other managerial position preferably in a performance arts or other arts organization
• Experience in developing strategies and business plans
• Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
• In depth knowledge of organizational governance principles and managerial best practices
• An analytical mind capable for “out-of-the-box” thinking
More Information: vashoncenterforthearts.org