Washington Hall Caretaker w/ rent credit
Historic Seattle invites applications for this position:
The responsibilities of this part-time position include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the building is secure at the beginning/end of the day.
• Performing general custodial and maintenance tasks (sweeping, mopping, sidewalk snow and ice removal, window cleaning, roof/gutter cleaning, watering landscape, garbage/recycling removal, painting, etc.).
• Monitoring building equipment and controls (thermostats, radiators, fire alarm panel, etc.), troubleshooting malfunctions, and providing notification when repairs are needed.
• Coordinating and meeting vendors and contractors on-site as needed.
• Managing the checking out of keys and the building access system.
• Collecting and forwarding mail and deliveries to Historic Seattle staff.
• Monitoring the use and condition of public assembly spaces and common areas of the building and grounds.
• Implementing building policies and procedures, preventing violations, and notifying appropriate parties of incidences that occur on the property.
• Rendering assistance in emergency situations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate or equivalent is required.
• Two years of progressive property caretaking, security, and/or stewardship experience.
• Experience providing exemplary customer service.
• Experience working within a team environment, pro-actively solving problems and effectively communicating.
• Experience interfacing respectfully with people from diverse populations.
• Certification or willingness to become certified in CPR and First Aid.
The Caretaker will spend 10-15 hours per week accomplishing the above tasks. Candidate must be willing to work outside of normal business hours and be on call. A $700 rent credit for an on-site studio apartment will be provided in exchange for compensation. Market rate rental is $1600/month; rent after credit = $900/month.
More Information: historicseattle.org