We are thrilled to announce, and help launch, a newly formed networking group for local administrators in the cultural sector. Fundraising for the Arts Task Force is a group of arts and culture fundraising professionals that meet monthly on the first Thursday of every month from 9:00-10:00am at ACT Theatre.
This group is working together to keep arts and culture as a priority agenda item for funders and to raise awareness of the important role the arts play in our region. They aim to develop ideas and projects that will help promote the arts regionally through collaboration. The group has launched under the leadership of Jamie Herlich, Seattle Repertory Theatre; Maria Kolby-Wolfe from ACT – A Contemporary Theatre; and Frank Stilwagner, Village Theatre. Annual membership dues are $25.
Are you a development professional or involved in fundraising for a cultural institution? Here are a few benefits of membership/participation of the Task Force:
- New Contacts – Get to know your peers in the challenging world of Arts & Culture fundraising.
- Information – Receive updates on upcoming opportunities and events from member organizations.
- Round Table – The opportunity to share ideas and learn from others during monthly roundtable discussions and brainstorming on topics that affect us all in our daily fundraising and advocacy work.
- Presentations – Hear from those in the trenches on how they’ve secured funding, run a campaign, best use of technology and social media for fundraising, created new fundraising initiatives, or just survived tough times.
- Support – Working together to create a network of Arts & Culture fundraising support for each other and for collaborative projects/resources Current projects include: Cultural Access Washington and Cultural Database.
Please contact Frank Stilwagner for more information fstilwagner(at)villagetheatre.org.