Joining the Roster puts you or your group within easy reach of event organizers and audiences across King County. We even offer financial incentives to nonprofits and local arts agencies to book Roster groups!
We open the Roster for auditions twice a year—typically in Spring and Fall. Fall 2019 auditions are scheduled for Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19 at the Carco Theatre in Renton.
- Read below to see if you are eligible.
- Click or tap the “I want to audition” button on this page. You will be prompted to create a 4Culture account—choose Individual if you are a single artist and Group if you perform as a group. Make sure to complete the demographic profile in your account.
- Follow prompts to the audition application and fill out the form. A 4Culture staff member will contact you to confirm your time slot.
Audition slots are 15 minutes long and can include any combination of live performance, video screening, and question-and-answer session with jurors. A tuned grand piano is available on request. Dressing rooms are available, but no sound-proofed warm up area other than the surrounding outdoor patio or front lobby.
A panel made up of a combination of arts professionals, administrators, presenters and working performers will evaluate your audition. The panel will judge based on these criteria:
- Artistic merit
- Quality of audition presentation
- Quality of (optional) promotional materials
If selected to join the Touring Arts Roster, you’ll be asked to provide a photo and audio and video links for your listing. 4Culture regularly promotes the Roster across all 4Culture channels, so strong media is essential.